Yoga has many benefits for our body, our health but also our mind. Discover all its benefits and why you should do yoga.
Do you want to do yoga? If this idea has never crossed your mind, it’s probably because you don’t see the point and you don’t yet know all the benefits of yoga.
Yet, there are many of them. Here are 10 advantages of doing yoga and letting yourself be seduced by this discipline:
1. One of the main advantages of doing yoga is that it makes the body more supple: after only three months, you will already be able to see very visible results.
2. Yoga makes your muscles work smoothly. They are toned and strengthened with low-intensity movements and therefore less traumatic for the joints.
3. By practicing yoga, you refine your silhouette and improve your posture: you stand up straight without effort, you look taller, your gait is light and graceful.
4. Yoga burns calories: up to 700 calories per session if you choose Bikram, the form of yoga practiced in a room heated to 40 degrees.
5. Yoga helps you learn to breathe better and this in turn has a positive effect on your mood.
6. As you know, yoga practice has remarkable benefits for the mind and many people use it to relieve stress and anxiety.
7. If you want to relax and unwind, yoga is a great idea.
8. Yoga is about learning to coordinate movement with the breath. In other words, it’s what you need to manage your concentration problems.
9. You’d like to adopt a positive attitude, but it’s harder than you thought? Not anymore. With yoga, you’ll get there easily because you’ll improve your concentration, calm your mind, and make it easier for you to get rid of negative thoughts and focus on positive ones.
10. This discipline can be practiced anywhere. Moreover, you do not have to join a club to learn yoga. You can do yoga for free thanks to the videos on YouTube. All you need is a bra, comfortable leggings and a yoga mat.
So when do you start?